Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Crashers

As most of you know I LOVE the NORTHPARK Santa! So I knew this holiday season wouldn't be complete until I tortured took Ben to see him. I have made sure that we talked about Santa and pointed him out every chance I could so that he wouldn't be scared of him. So we arrived at Northpark around 10a just in time for 10:30 storytime with Santa. My sister in law Blakley was already there with Brooklynn and picked up our ticket to see Santa. When she got the ticket at around 9:45 she was told that her estimated time to see Santa was 6:30PM.....WHAT?!?!

So Ben and Brookynn ENJOYED story time with Santa while Lily hit the food court for some fresh fruit at the Red Mango. After story time I found us a place to stand to make sure the grumpy ole guy was sure to see us waiting. So people would come up to Grumpy and ask for a ticket and he would say I will give you one but you need to come back at 7PM. The looks on the PARENTS faces were the same as if you told a child Santa isn't REAL.

While the kids were eating chick fila I realized the grumpy ole guy wasn't checking tickets when he called people's numbers. and then I heard Grumps call number 35.....35.....THIRTY FIVE....no response he than looked at me and said 35?....If your thinking I was smart enough to say YES we are 35 well...your WRONG! I did the nest smartest thing I said no we our 53. Knowing we were really 198! So if you can just picture me, Blakley, Jen and 3 innocent kids looking really guilty and plotting and getting our GAME PLAN ready! So 30 minutes goes by and he is now in the 40s. So then it HAPPENS the REAL number 53 shows up. Quick Panic! Then Blake says Ok were 52. So when he gets to about 43 I take off to the bathroom with the ticket. You can never be to prepared when your cheating the Santa line system. When I get back I see the most wonderful thing ever Jen and Blake and the 3 kids are now behind the black ropes! So I sneak on in and we all start fixing the kids up making sure not to make eye contact with the grumpy ole man or the mom across the isle who caught on to our scheme. 20 minutes later and
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Blakley said it BEST "We didn't take someones place in line, We just advanced ours :)" I'm estimating but our total time waiting and seeing Santa was about 3 hours



 Getting Excited!


Brooklynn's next and she did GREAT!


 Look at her legs crossed and hands clasped as she is telling him she wants a pink Barbie Car :)


 Ben on the other hand was NOT A FAN!



But Lily and Santa had a Moment... So Sweet!



After all that scheming this is what I Get...


But of course there is always next year! And I will be back :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

OMG! This is classic. Him screaming is almost a better picture than him sitting pretty and perfect. I love it!!

CJ said...

Santa Karma...it's the best! Love the photo and your commentary even better.