Thursday morning Ben had tubes put in his ears and his adenoids removed! It was a ROUGH day! Ben did really good. I on the other hand broke down and cried everytime a nurse, the anesthesiologist, or the doctor would come talk to us.
At one point I was telling Bo I don't want to do this. The anesthesiologist wasn't wearing a wedding ring which of course meant he had no children so which also meant he had no idea how much I love Ben and wouldn't take the best care for him back there. Bo assured me that he just didn't wear his wedding ring in the OR. I calmed down then later said to Bo Oh but he will wear that big oversized TAG watch in there. I now think it is hilarious that I actually said that to Bo and meant it at the time. At least I OWN it when I can CrAzY! But the anesthesiologist was more than qualified, was super nice and promised me he would take great care of Ben back there which he did. It also helped that Bo was calling him Dr. McDreamy. No lie Bo described him to his mom as tall, dark, handsome, and rich! I think Bo had a man crush on him :)
Then came the happy juice! Ben was hysterical... I was holding him and he was hitting me and laughing so hard. Bo would tell him to do the "Trach Punch" and he would make a fist and punch me in the neck. No idea were he learned that. We laughed with him and decided we weren't bad parents because he wouldn't remember it :)
Then it was Time! I bawled while the nurse carried him away and it didn't help that Ben started whinning when they went through the doors :( 45 minutes later the doctor came out and told us they were done and that he removed quite a bit of fluid from both ears and that his adenoids were a pretty good size. When we were walking back there I could hear Ben screaming my Gosh was he MAD!!! We couldn't really get him to settle down until I finally realized he screamed harder when we talked so we ALL stopped talking and he settled down enough to put just his shirt on. And we left.
He slept the whole way home and then me and Ben got in bed and slept for about 3 hours. WE both needed a nap to recover! Woke up and headed straight to McDonalds! (for those who haven't heard Ben has been banned from McDonalds and all fast food joints simply because his diet consisted of chicken nuggets and fries FYI once you stop buying chicken nuggets and fries and starve your child for one whole day they will eventually eat what you give them.) I was so afraid to get McDonalds because I didn't want Ben to fall off the wagon but he really DESERVED it!
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a trouper!!!
Post a Comment