Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ugh!

So Ben has been super miserable since the surgery. The night of the surgery he woke up several times screaming and we just figured it was a traumatic day and he might be a little uncomfortable. Friday he was fussy but napped good and slept from 9:00p till 10a. So I thought he must of slept off all of the meds from the surgery and would be better....WRONG! Saturday night he woke up screaming all night long he seemed to be in so much pain nothing would calm him down not even ELF which we have been using to soothe him because he LOVES that movie. Sunday he ran fever ALL day didn't really eat or play. I took him to the ENT Monday and found out he has Thrush. The Dr. was certain that none of his pain was from the tubes or adenoids. Before surgery Ben had been on a 30 day antibiotic and had an antibiotic shot. So we assume that the antibiotic they gave him after surgery triggered the Thrush. At the ENT  Ben was hysterical he was on the verge of hyperventilating he was in pain and angry. The lady at the front desk started tearing up because she said it was so sad to see a baby so upset, if that gives you any idea how bad it was.

Poor guy crashed on the way home and then napped for another 2 hours. When Bo got home we went to get his prescription and I thought he needed a well deserved toy. So I put him down on the toy isle and he ran right up to a basketball and then grabbed a football. He danced and played with all they toys but when it was time to go he made sure we had his basketball and football :)

Today he seemed a lot better! we needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air so went and had lunch at Chipotle, rode the choo choo, and threw pennies in the fountain!




His new thing. Biting his nails

Waving Hi to the kids at the playground



The story on the boots is Minnie really wanted him to have some cowboy boots. We met her at Cavenders one day to get them and Ben threw such a fit and refused to put them on his feet. Minnie went ahead and got them because she knew he would look super cute in them. We tried putting them on him several times and he would just fall to the ground crying and would not walk in them. Then one day when he was in a good mood I put them on him and he LOVED them and everytime I say go get your shoes he brings me his boots! Such a little Cowboy :) I can't wait till summer and he wants to wear them with his shorts!

2 comments:

Laurie Morrison said...

The boots are so stinking cute! I hope you all get some good sleep soon!

Jodi said...

I am loving the boots!!