Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WARNING: Potty TMI

For some time Ben has been telling me about 80% of time before he goes pee pee or poo poo. So about 2 months ago I tried potty training and would make him sit on the potty and it was pure torture for everyone involved so I decided to ease up and wait awhile. But for the past month he holds in his pee pee during bath time and will stand there with his legs crossed on the verge of peeing on himself and still refuse to sit on the potty or pee in the bath. So in order for him to relieve himself I would hand him the bowl that goes in his potty and he would go. 


Well while we were in New Orleans last week he was taking a bath with Trent and had to go pee pee really bad and of course refused to go pee pee in the potty. Becky starts screaming and I look over to Ben assuming the position aiming towards Trent so I yell Ben "No" he stops and starts playing... then my mom starts screaming/laughing so hard I look over and Ben has grabbed the shampoo bottle and is now trying to pee in the shampoo bottle. So I tell my mom can you please go get him something to pee in. She comes back with a cup and hands it to Ben and he goes pee in the cup and starts clapping and is so PROUD of himself. We laughed for a good 30 minutes. Poor guy had to pee so bad he grabbed a shampoo bottle.

 
So Monday started Potty Boot camp at The Boisclair Household. And I'm so EXCITED to say it is going EXTREMELY well! He didn't wear a diaper Monday or Tuesday except for nap time and bedtime. Monday he had NO accidents even on our hour walk. Yesterday he had a #2 accident but I will take it because he Peed in the potty 6 times! I know the battle has just begun but my heart swells with PRIDE every time I see him clap and say Yay! Potty Training is a terrible vicious extremely stressful thing but I do realize that I'm one lucky momma to be training such a sweet, beautiful, healthy little boy! Who is soaking up his new confidence!


Stay Tuned for Potty TMI

No comments: